Our Facilitation Style
Our primary role as facilitators and consultants is to support the creation of an environment which enables our clients to develop:
- shared goals,
- stronger working relationships and
- practical, useful strategies for working together more meaningfully and more effectively.
We hold ourselves accountable for using the participants' time wisely and productively.
We assume responsibility for maintaining a neutral, non-judgmental position in relation to:
- the facilitation of group process issues, and
- the discussion/resolution of workplace needs and issues.
We focus on the two fundamental dimensions of successful workplace collaboration:
- the process of building/maintaining relationships and communicating effectively, and
- the task of working through and resolving the "real work" needs and issues.
We design our facilitated sessions to be informal working sessions with enough time and flexibility:
- to reflect upon and discuss critical needs, issues and concerns,
- to develop comprehensive and effective action plans, and
- to accommodate unexpected developments during the session.
We co-facilitate all of our meetings. Based on our experience, we believe this approach:
- allows the team to accomplish more in less time;
- offers more variety and interest for the meeting participants;
- provides the benefit of two perspectives:
- in monitoring group process,
- in identifying and evaluating issues, and
- in resolving disagreements or conflicts;
- enhances the effectiveness of the meeting by mirroring and modeling the collaborative process; and
- provides a faster turn-around time in completing our clients' follow-up summary reports.